We’ve helped a cultivator simplify COA labelling.
Thanks to our expertise in emerging markets, we created an automated printing solution that reduces the time, cost, and risk associated with the COA labelling process.
A certificate of analysis (COA) is a regulatory compliance requirement that provides consumers with verified details regarding product ingredients. For cultivators, the COA confirms the batch’s potency and ensures it is free from contaminants like pesticides, mold, and bacteria.
There is a complex variety of product formats and label sizes that all require COA labels. Currently, these labels are being typed out by hand, printed, and applied manually, resulting in:
• Additional labour costs
• Reduced speed to market, as manual application can take days to complete
• Reduced cash flow
• Increased compliance risk due to human error
Recognizing that COA labeling is a significant industry challenge, we leveraged our partnerships with cultivators and API providers to develop a print-and-apply solution that simplifies and automates the COA labelling process:
- We replaced hand-typed labels with QR codes linking to COA information
- We created an automated applicator system with inline printing capabilities that prints QR code labels and affixes them to packaging
- The printer-applicator system runs in batches, is customizable, and has the ability to attach more than one series of labels to packaging
- Improved speed to market—from days to hours
- Decreased labour costs resulting in up to 20% FTE savings
- Increased cash flow
- Reduced compliance risk due to QR codes and automated labelling
- Consistent pack execution
- ROI within six months
See other successful solutions at work.
We’ve helped a national logistics and transportation provider transform its operations.
Our DCMFlex™ solution is simplifying complex communications that drive a large national fleet and retail network.
We’re serving up a more consistent experience—with more efficiency—for some of the world’s largest hotels.
Our DCMFlex™ solution is keeping communication efficient and compliant for luxury hotel brands across North America.
We’ve helped a major energy provider improve compliance and agility.
Our DCMFlex™ solution is ensuring one of North America’s largest energy firms can confidently enter new markets with industry-compliant signage.