Just two strokes off: That’s how close Megan Osland came to making the cut at the 2019 U.S. Women’s Open. A crushing experience for some; but for Megan, it lit a fire.
“I feel I am closer than ever to breaking through,” she says determinedly. “It’s clear to me I have the ability to compete and succeed at the highest level.” The only real block to progressing further for Megan has been getting a full season of play—an expensive proposition, but one that is more feasible with the support of the DCM Power Up Bursary.
“Over the past four years, the majority of my funding has come from family, and I haven’t yet been able to afford a full season of tournament play, or other supports like a professional caddy that would give me an edge in getting to the next level,” she explains.
Now, through the DCM Power Up Bursary, Megan and six other women are receiving a full financial and marketing package that will help increase their chances of success this season. “The additional tools such as financial planning and personal branding will be extremely valuable in helping me become more self-sufficient as a professional,” says Megan.
Her fiery dedication becomes even more evident when she talks about achieving LPGA status. “I am committed and ready to do whatever it takes to acquire my LPGA Tour card by the end of the year.”
Best of luck, Megan—we’re confident you’ll do us proud.
Megan’s championship highlights:
- 2019 U.S. Women’s Open Sectional Qualifier – 1st
- 2019 U.S. Women’s Open
- 2018 NWGA – The Preserve at Turnbull Bay Ladies Classic – won and broke the course and NGWA Tour record with a 61
- 2015 NCAA Division 1 Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational – 1st
- 2014 NCAA Division 1 Wyoming Cowgirl Desert Invitational – 1st
- 2018 and 2019 LPGA CP Women’s Open
Personal Website: www.meganoslandgolf.com
About the Power Up Bursary
Driven by DCM’s commitment to women’s professional development, the Power Up Bursary significantly boosts the careers of female golfers on the brink of LPGA Tour status by providing them with financial assistance, increased player visibility, training and skill development, sponsorship coaching, and marketing.
We are proud to have the continued support of our Power Up partners:
- TSN host Natasha Staniszewski provides expert media and personal brand training.
- RBC educates athletes on managing their money.
- Adidas Golf Canada provides winners with apparel and footwear.
Learn more about the DCM Power Up Bursary on the PGA website.
Meet all the 2019–2020 Power Up athletes.