Selena Costabile’s significant achievements on and off the course earned her a coveted DCM Power Up Bursary in 2019. An accomplished musician who speaks five languages, she has used the bursary to help her maintain a razor-sharp focus on playing the LPGA Tour.
That focus is now paying off: Last year she qualified for the Meijer LPGA Classic, and reached Stage 2 of LPGA Q School, achieving Symetra Tour Status for 2020—results impressive enough to once again earn her a Power Up Bursary. “I’ve always set high goals for myself, and I’ve done all I can to achieve them,” she says.
Through the continued support of Power Up, she’s hoping the Symetra Tour will yield an LPGA Tour card. “I am absolutely committed to working toward my goals and competing at the highest level possible,” she says stoically. “The bursary will make such a difference in the opportunity it provides.”
The DCM Power Up Bursary was created to support women golfers who show great promise, and Selena is a shining example. We’re pleased to have her on-board for another exciting season.
Selena’s championship highlights:
- 2019 Meijer LPGA Classic – qualified
- 2018 Seaforth Country Classic – 1st
- 2017 U.S. Women’s Open – first alternate
- 2017 NWGA at Dubsread – 1st
- 2016 Manulife LPGA Classic – sponsor exemption
- 2014 Team Canada for the 2014 World Junior Girls at Angus Glen
About the Power Up Bursary
Driven by DCM’s commitment to women’s professional development, the Power Up Bursary significantly boosts the careers of female golfers on the brink of LPGA Tour status by providing them with financial assistance, increased player visibility, training and skill development, sponsorship coaching, and marketing.
We are proud to have the continued support of our Power Up partners:
- TSN host Natasha Staniszewski provides expert media and personal brand training.
- RBC educates athletes on managing their money.
- Adidas Golf Canada provides winners with apparel and footwear.
Learn more about the DCM Power Up Bursary on the PGA website.
Meet all the 2019–2020 Power Up athletes.